Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Due to the recent Coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic we have taken many measures to put a stop to possible disruption in our service and also our responsibility as a retailer to keep our customers safe. Our delivery service is now estimated at 5 to 10 working days from order. We are currently not delivering to NORTHERN IRELAND, OFFSHORE ENGLISH ISLES nor SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS.
As a business our offices and warehouses are now closed to visitors of any sort. We are currently operating a strict no entry policy on all entrances to both our office building and also our warehouse. Inline with this we have also increased our cleaning schedule and have employed a firm to sanitise all areas of our workspace daily every morning before staff arrive.
All our office staff, warehouse staff and delivery crews are vetted daily before entering the building. They undergo a full symptom check before being given a pass to enter the buildings. If a memory of staff shows any symptoms at all, even if it is a slight cough, they are sent home to self isolate.
To date we have had 0 members of staff contract the virus. We intend to keep this number at 0 through the measures we have put in place.
In the event a member of our office staff is put into isolation at home we are fully prepared for them to work remotely from home allowing there to be zero disruption to our customer services.
Delivery Crew Procedures
Our delivery crews have been fully trained to deal with the current situation. The measures we have put into place are as follows;
- All delivery crews wear gloves which are disposed of after each delivery
- All delivery crews wear face masks which are disposed of after each delivery
- All delivery crews sanitise their whole arms after each delivery aswell as use anti-bacterial wipes to clean the inside of their vans
We are constantly working with the local authorities to improve our practices in anyway possible and will also soon be implementing the use of full hazmat suits the delivery crews will wear.
Should you wish our delivery crews will be allowed to deliver your items without making any physical contact with you to help stop the spread of the virus and protect both parties. You shall be asked on the pre-call telephone if this is something you would like to do. The delivery crew will then arrive at your property and make visual contact with you and deliver the goods to either your door step outside or upto the room of choice in your house should you advise them to do so.
Should you want a zero contact room of choice delivery the following will happen;
- You will need to advise them which room you would like the goods taken to on the pre-call.
- When they arrive they will ring your doorbell and return back to their vehicle until you open the door.
- They will then take your items to the room of choice you have advised them of. Whilst doing so you can choose not to be present and wait in another room.
- They will then continue to deliver your good to the room of choice with all their personal protection equipment on.
- Upon completion they will not ask you to sign any paperwork
- They will then return to their vehicle and call you to advise they have finished the delivery
- At this point they will require a text message from you to confirm you have recieved the order. This must be from the telephone number that you provided at the time of your order, alternatively you may call our office and confirm you have recieved the order and the call will be recorded.
We hope these measures are upto the standard our customers expect from a responsible retailer.
We endeavour to constantly improve our processes to further protect our staff and customers.
We wish you all the best of health and luck in these very trying times and hope for a swift eradication of the pandemic.
Thank you and stay safe
Divan Bed Warehouse